|Michael Cordas, Jr., DO, |
Here are some ideas of how to keep you and your family active this winter:
- Encourage kid to get moving inside. You don’t need a lot of space to exercise inside your home. Try push-ups, sit ups, jumping jacks and jumping rope for a good cardio work out.
- If your kids are hooked on electronics especially during the winter, use technology to your advantage. Challenge your kids to find online exercise videos for their age and skill level.
- Visit your local library and see the exercise videos they offer.
- Check out your local gyms and fitness centers for kid-friendly classes and activities and even on-site child care.
- Check out your local indoor facilities and YMCA’s for a list of pick-up and recreational sports leagues, camps and activities for all ages. Many offer pick-up games, rec leagues, lessons and camps for basketball, soccer, swimming, lacrosse, football, wrestling and even ice skating.
Learn more about the PinnacleHealth Sports Medicine Center.